DISTRICT 28 COVID-19 UPDATES
DISTRICT 28 COVID-19 UPDATES
Nearly all of District 28 Al-Anon meetings are meeting online at the moment.
Below, you can learn how to connect with District 28 meetings that are accessible either online, on the phone, or in-person.
IN-PERSON DISTRICT 28 MEETINGS
TUESDAY | 7:30 – 8:30 pm | Wappingers Peace and Serenity Group | In-Person as of 11/10/20
Mount Alvernia Retreat Center, 158 Delavergne Ave., Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
● This meeting will now be held in the gymnasium. ● Please note that a separate online Zoom meeting will continue to meet at the same time.
FRIDAY | 7:30 – 8:30 pm | Poughkeepsie Friday Night Al-Anon | In-Person as of 8/7/20
St. John’s Lutheran Church, 55 Wilbur Blvd., Poughkeepsie, NY 12603
FRIDAY | 7:30 – 8:30 pm | Growth in Al-Anon | In-Person as of 11/13/20
Monastery of St. Clare, 70 Nelson Ave., Wappingers Falls, NY 12590
ONLINE DISTRICT 28 MEETINGS
Groups listed in the following PDF, have set-up online and/or phone meetings for people to join. The majority of groups are using Zoom. You can go to www.zoom.com to set up a free account by clicking on the ‘Sign-Up, It’s Free’ button in the upper right corner. If you are unable to join by video, you can usually also call in using the numbers provided below or by finding a local number for your meeting by going to:
Note: you do NOT need to pay for Zoom, unless you are trying to set up an hour-long meeting in which case one member from your group will need a paid account which is $14.99/month -- most groups are using their treasury to reimburse the member who sets up the meetings. Some groups are also setting up a Paypal/Venmo account to collect contributions while they are online in order to support the 7th tradition.
Many who are doing this are putting in one payment at the beginning to cover a month’s worth of what they would put into their meeting. This is not required -- just sharing the experience, strength, and hope of some groups during this time.
ADDITIONAL WAYS TO STAY CONNECTED TO AL-ANON
There are a number of ways to stay connected to Al-Anon while practicing social distancing, including:
● Reach out to group members via your group’s phone list to connect 1-on-1;
● Increase your contact with your sponsor via phone or video calls;
● Access Al-Anon online and phone bridge meetings which are available almost anytime, anywhere:
○ Al-Anon Online Meeting List: https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/
○ Al-Anon Phone Meetings List: https://al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/#Phone_Meetings
● Check out the Al-Anon Member Blog for a chance to share and read the shares of others on a variety of topics:
To VIEW OR PRINT MEETING INFORMATION CLICK ON THE BUTTON BELOW:
LITERATURE FOR THE NEWCOMER ONLINE
The World Service Conference (WSC) and World Service Office (WSO) created an email to welcome newcomers to online meetings. This welcome email can now be shared with newcomers to any electronic meeting – whether it be temporary or permanent.
We encourage you to share/display this URL with any newcomers to your meetings.
The link will prompt the recipient to enter their personal email address for them to receive the welcome email: al-anon.org/welcome